Sunday 27 January 2013

Happy New Year

*Please Note: This is a re-print of the blog posted 18/01/2013, the images weren't uploaded properly in the previous version. 

Happy new year, haven't posted on the blog for a while


Just prior to Christmas the new website was launched, there's lots of new features on there, had a few glitches to start off with but that's all been sorted

You can now access the blog and newsletter directly from the site (newsletter link)

I have sent out two newsletters, the first announced this years new series of free patterns using the squedge tool. To celebrate 2013 the 22.5 squedge is on special at the moment until 31 January, check out the newsletter

I've been making new samples; the Double Wedding Ring is my new class sample, done with the Simple Curves and Simple Bands pattern.


I will be teaching it in Napier at Patch and Quilt  on the 8th Feb and Whangarei Patchwork and Quilters group on 6th  April and the  Auckland Quilt Guild on 8th June

                                                            .
The other samples I've been making are quilts out of Cheryl's new book, Quilts Without Corners Platinum


I haven't quite finished the quilting and binding but here's a quick preview, these will be the display quilts at the Craft and Quilt fairs I will be attending this year, the first  is a new Expertise Event show in  Palmerston North.












I'm currently cutting fabric for this show 




 On my way to Palmerston North I'm doing some Show and Tell talks at

7th Feb  Quilters Patch   5/39 Victoria St Cambridge Call Bev  to find out more

 11 Feb    9.30am   Crafters Heaven  Greytown . info@craftersheaven.co.nz email Rita for the time

11 Feb 7.30pm    Quiltworx Lower Hutt 517 High Street Lower Hutt Lynettes new store

12 Feb 10am  and 7.45pm Cherry Pie Levin Phone Lynette 06 368 3680


In the latest newsletter I announced that I am having a quilting class retreat here at sunny One Tree Point, I put the wrong date but it is going to be 22nd to 24th march, teaching for two days doing Drunkards Path Stepping Beyond contact me directly for further information kerry@tulis.co.nz  as there are only 12 places, if you are interested you will need to contact me fairly smartly.


I'm thinking about the girls in Australia, dealing with the heat, hope you are sitting inside in the air conditioning  and quilting.

Till next  time .



No comments:

Post a Comment